Thursday, May 13, 2010

Good News and Bad News

The good news is that I was able to get the axel holes machined out (for another whopping bill--I'm beginning to think about switching shops next time), and yes, the axel nuts fit.

The bad news is that
  1. The shock holes on the swing-arm are smaller than the holes on the shocks, which means I either have to drill out the holes on the swing arm or try to find new mounts for the shocks
  2. Because the swing-arm is so thick, once the axel nuts are through and threaded, there won't be enough room for the adjusters (not that they fit anyway)
  3. The brake cable seems like it may be... ahh who am I kidding, they are too short, but I'm hoping that once the wheel is on and the suspension takes up some weight and lowers the frame it will free up some of the cable.
  4. Last time I ran the bike it wouldn't run for more than thirty seconds, but that may have been because I couldn't rev it high enough to ride it with any competency since I was in a residential neighborhood
  5. I still don't know if the bloody wheel will even fit with the brake in place.
  6. The race is on Sunday morning
  7. The possibility that I may have to race the most dangerous motorbike ever built is quickly turning into a reality

No comments:

Post a Comment